Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Day In The Life....



Today was a special day. While cleaning my files and home I received many calls. Three were about proffessional bookings ALL in the same time frame, ALL I could not accept.... took some time off and I am spending it with family. What my good sense has told me though the many years as a free lance stylist is that jobs, bookings, and clients with needs come and go. While it is nice to be needed by clients and work ~ it is better to be needed by family. That is what is happening in the next three weeks.

Today I also talked with several women about the year ahead and answered questions about the AMERICAN IMAGE NATIONAL PAGEANT. This pageant is for women and young women who actually want to do something with a TITLE. God Bless them all for trying. I am so impressed with the amount of community service that these ladies quietly do on their own, without a pageant title. However, I also know what doors can be opened WITH ONE! I have been there and the opportunities abound!

So, before I get back to the house cleaning and wash I wanted to stop by and blog out these thoughts: Go For It! The American Image National Pageant is in it's 3rd year of planning and I only see it getting bigger and better.
Our director has monthly conference calls with her queens so that we can all talk about what we have been doing and put our heads together in planning the September 2010 pageant. It will be held on a weekend so that minimal time is spent away from work and family.

I have posted (maybe a little premature) a possible replacement variation for the national crown. While the current one is SO PRETTY, the spires do not hold up to travel... so this may be our NEW NATIONAL CROWN! Isn't it spectacular?! Just a few little tid bits to add to the excitement!

Have a great day and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment